Holistic nurse, psychotherapist, and coach holds a vision of changing the current healthcare system from a culture of sick “care” to one of wellness. She empowers people to advocate for themselves and adopt lifestyle changes to support their own wellness. After seeing her own health and life challenged by the Superwoman Syndrome, She was forced to re-evaluate and reframe her lifestyle, career and relationships. Out of that experience, She developed an 8-part holistic system to support The Real-Life Superwoman in ditching overwhelm and stress and creating health, happiness and ease in all areas of her life.
2018 Speaker Topic and Objectives
Change The Way You Eat – Changes You, Your Patients and The Healthcare System
- Define healthy eating and how it is essential to their health and well-being
- Discuss how stress eating can impact body systems and what nutrient rich foods are essential to eat while working
- Discuss what barriers nurses encounter with empowering themselves and patients to healthy eating
- Share ways to advocate for healthy eating
- Create change within nursing organizations
- Lobby for change in hospitals and politically
Copyright Art of Nursing 2018.